sebd roundtables 2018
The Small and Emerging Business Development (SEBD) Roundtables provide business owners with the opportunity to improve leadership skills, sharpen decision-making abilities and build lasting relationships through peer-to-peer learning. SEBD Roundtables bring together 15-18 small and emerging business owners from SEBD certified businesses for 10 monthly roundtable meetings over the course of a year to share challenges and learn from the experiences of their peers.
In addition to the many benefits of peer-to-peer learning, participants in the SEBD Roundtables program receive free breakfast at every meeting, which is typically catered by Panera Bread or Kolache Kitchen. Coffee is also available free of charge.
SEBD ROUNDTABLES PROVIDE ACCESS TO:
• Trained facilitators who keep discussions on track and relevant for all participants
• Expert guest speakers who provide information on key business topics
• Structured protocol that sheds new light on both problems and opportunities
• Shared experiences rather than advice
• Safe environment in which to process sensitive business challenges with peers
• Ability to get just-in-time answers to pressing issues
Participants in this roundtable system report that the experience helps them reach better decisions and action plans, affirm what they’re doing right and identify what they need to improve. They also develop trusted relationships to share both business and personal issues.
617 N 3RD ST, BATON ROUGE, LA 70802
Louisiana Economic Development is licensed by the Edward Lowe Foundation to use the PeerSpectives™ Roundtable System for SEBD Roundtables. To ensure the best fit for selected participants, a number of factors are considered, including experience level, business size, noncompetitiveness and existing business relationships, but all participants must be certified in the SEBD Program. Seating is limited and tables are anticipated to start in early summer.
SMALL AND EMERGING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
LED’s Small and Emerging Business Development (SEBD) Program provides the managerial and technical assistance training needed to grow and sustain a small business.
• Provides for developmental assistance, including entrepreneurial training, marketing, computer skills, accounting, business planning, and legal and industry-specific assistance.
• Consideration for bidding on select products or services purchased by state agencies.
• SEBD Intermediaries provide a free needs assessment and assistance with accessing other program benefits.
To learn more about the SEBD Program or apply for certification, visit OpportunityLouisiana.com/SEBD