SUMMER 2018 MARKETING / SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Forward-thinking, fast paced high tech business incubator looking to hire an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. Our marketing group seeks an intern who can participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our passionate team who are very excited to share this exciting launch with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience. The position is a paid, part-time internship and with a time commitment of 25-40 hours per week, with at least four consecutive hours each day of the week, Monday through Friday. This internship will begin on June 4th and terminate on August 31st.
· Assist in the creation of signage, physical collateral, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, online promotion, etc.
· Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
· Assist with execution of trade shows
· Maintain editorial publishing calendar for all marketing efforts
· Perform analysis of marketing data to develop and adjust marketing plans
· Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
· Perform social media market research
· Perform online reputation management: respond to and manage online posts
· Assist in the creation of client presentations and agreements
· Provide support to social media efforts
· Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
· Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
· Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
· Website and social media optimization
This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience are a prerequisite.
· College student majoring in marketing, advertising, public relations or communications desired
· Familiarity with all aspects of social media
· Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
· Strong writing and speaking skills
· Flawless grammar, proofreading and editing skills
· Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
· Strong work ethic and positive attitude
· Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
· Graphic design capabilities a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
· Highly organized and task oriented
· Excellent critical thinking skills
Marketing, Business, Advertising, Communications, Liberal Arts, Public Relations
Graduate students are also encouraged to apply.